Get Custom Essay on 9 | English homework help
Let Our Team of Pofessional Writers Take Care of Your Paper.
Topic 1: Miranda Warnings
What is the purpose of Miranda warnings? Why are Miranda warnings especially important to law enforcement officers in domestic violence cases? Is the Miranda warning still needed today, or should it be eliminated?
Topic 2 Article: “Beyond mandatory arrest: developing a comprehensive response to domestic violence”
Read the following article and then respond to the questions below.
White, M.D., Goldkamp, J.S., & Campbel, S.P. (2005). Beyond mandatory arrest: Developing a comprehensive response to domestic violence. Police Practice & Research, 6(3), 261–278. Retrieved from http://web.ebscohost.com.lib.kaplan.edu/ehost/results?sid=76cf9e42-51f5-492d-9aea-977b47b4d121%40sessionmgr104&vid=3&hid=104&bquery=%22The+Aftermath+of+Crawford+and+Davis%3a+Deconstructing+the+Sound+of+Silence%22&bdata=JmRiPWFwaCZjbGkwPUZUJmNsdjA9WSZ0eXBlPTAmc2l0ZT1laG9zdC1saXZl
The California Police Department attempted to provide a more comprehensive response to domestic violence, through innovative law enforcement, clinical, and prosecutorial partnership called FIRST, Family Investigative Response Services Team. What do you consider the favorable points about this program? Would you consider using this program in your state? Why, or why not?
In this Discussion, you will start thinking about how you can best convey your message through digital media such as a video, slide presentation, or podcast which rely on both text and visuals to highlight a main message. If you are not readily familiar with digital media tools, KUWC has resources that you can review, and one of them is “PowerPoint Basics.” If you want to try different tools beyond the basic slide presentation, the Internet has several free tools to consider, such as Animoto®, Prezi®, PowToon®, WeVideo®, or Fotobabble®.
When considering both the tools and visuals to include, keep in mind the following requirements of this unit’s digital media Assignment:
• Contains research from at least four reliable sources, including graphics, to support the main message of the digital media presentation
• Contains at least two visuals (e.g., photo, table, diagram, chart, etc.)
• Cites research and visuals in APA citation format, both in-text and on a References slide or separate Word document. You need to quote material taken directly from a source. The same standards apply to both a presentation and an essay.
• Has a clear message related to an argument for change in your community or workplace
• Is designed to reflect the needs and interests of a specific audience to help motivate your viewers to take action
• Backs up assertions with evidence from credible sources in the text and cites those sources in the text and on a References slide to allow the intended audience to research the topic further, if desired
• Contains at least 8–10 slides (slide presentation) or lasts approximately 45 seconds to 1 minute (video or audio)
As noted in the Learning Activities, a great deal of thought should be put into the selection and use of visuals and text in digital media presentations. Therefore, you will write a detailed plan for the digital media presentation. You will also create a draft of your digital media presentation and share it on the Discussion Board to receive feedback from your classmates and the instructor. You will receive peer feedback on your draft of your digital media presentation, much like you may well receive comments and feedback from your community members or coworkers if they are provided access to the digital media presentation.
When you engage in a team presentation, whether for work or school, you want to provide support for your teammates, acknowledge their contributions by pointing out strengths in their work, and offer original, thoughtful feedback that will benefit the entire team. The ability to collaborate effectively is a crucial professional skill, and this week’s discussion will help you to build those skills.
Respond to all of the prompts below in the context of your potential digital media presentation on an argument for change in your community or workplace:
• Describe the argument for change you will convey in your digital media presentation. Identify your primary audience, strategies for supporting your argument, and your selected media tool.
• Create a draft of your digital media presentation and share it on the Discussion Board. Attach the PowerPoint file or include a URL.
For this unit’s Discussion, participation will be worth 20 points. To earn full participation credit, you will need to respond substantively to at least two peers’ presentations. These responses should offer substantive, constructive feedback and offer specific suggestions for improvement. The responses should address the following questions:
• What is the main message that you took away from the digital media presentation?
• How well do the written text and visuals work together to create an argument?
• How might the identified audience respond to the presentation’s text and visuals?
• What were the strengths of the presentation?
What are at least two areas that need improvement?
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Best Quality Essays has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Best Quality Essays, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.