Get Custom Essay on Bam 530 unit 3 exam business ethics
Let Our Team of Pofessional Writers Take Care of Your Paper.
Unit 3 Exam BAM 530 Business Ethics
Multiple Choice Questions (Enter your answers on the enclosed answer sheet)
1. The concept of Corporate Social Responsibility originated in which time period?
a. 1920’s and 1930’s
b. 19th Century
c. 1980’s and 1990’s
d. 1960’s and 1970’s
2. Worldwide, about ___________ percent of businesses in the private sector are small or medium sized.
3. The generally accepted definition of a small business is one with ____________ or fewer employees.
4. The generally accepted definition of a medium business is one with _____________ or fewer employees.
5. In the United States, small or medium sized businesses provide over ___________ percent of total employment.
6. Owners of stock in a corporation are only liable for ____________.
a. the amount they have invested in the company’s stock
b. their personal assets
c. the amount they have invested in the company’s stock and their personal assets
d. none of the above.
7. A ____________ of an issue consists of weighing and balancing all of the competing demands on a firm by each of those who have a claim on it.
a. stakeholder analysis
b. board of directors analysis
c. corporation analysis
d. management analysis
8. The ____________ that corporations must meet is “do no harm”.
a. moral obligation
b. moral minimum
c. moral requirement
d. moral duty
9. In large corporations, the ____________ is/are the legal overseers of management.
c. board members
d. none of the above
10. The ____________ position is that a corporation can and should be evaluated not only in terms of its financial bottom line, but also in terms of its environmental bottom line and its social/ethical bottom line.
a. Bottom line
b. Double Bottom line
c. Triple Bottom line
d. Final line
11. Triple Bottom Line reporting refers to:
a. using a low, medium and high estimates for profitability forecasts.
b. measuring the impact of the firm on stockholders, customers and employees.
c. measuring the social, environmental, and financial performance of the firm.
d. measuring the impact of local, state, and federal governments on the firm.
12. Corporate governance can be defined as:
a. the system used by firms to control the actions of their employees.
b. the election process used to vote in a new Board of Director.
c. the corporate compliance system used by the firm.
d. the system used by firms to identify who the critical stakeholders are for the firm.
13. The system that is used by firms to control and direct their operations and the operations of their employees is called:
a. Corporate Compliance.
b. Corporate Governance.
c. Corporate Control.
d. Corporate Directive.
14. Which board of directors committee is responsible for the guidelines on how the board of directors should operate.
b. Corporate governance
c. Corporate compliance
15. The Sarbanes-Oxley Act was a direct response to which ethics scandals?
d. None of the above.
16. What is the name of the process in which an employee informs another responsible employee in the company about potentially unethical behavior?
b. Purging and releasing
d, Information transfer
17. There are ___________ conditions that, if satisfied, change the moral status of whistle blowing.
18. An example of a whistle blower whose actions were a form of internal government whistle blowing is:
a. Sherron Watkins.
b. Coleen Rowley.
c. Cynthia Cooper.
d. Lee Iacocca.
19. One whistle blower the text mentions is Cynthia Cooper who was the vice president of internal audit at ____________.
d. none of the above
20. One classic example of whistle-blowing is the:
a. Ford Pinto case.
b. Lincoln case.
c. Toyota case.
d. none of the above.
21. A whistle-blower:
a. doesn’t have to be a past or present member of the organization.
b. doesn’t have to report activity that is illegal, immoral, or harmful.
c. is any employer who spreads gossip.
d. far from being disloyal, may be acting in the best interest of the organization.
22. The Sarbanes-Oxley Act:
a. makes it easier to fire whistle blowers.
b. reduces the law’s protection of employees who disclose securities fraud.
c. makes it illegal for executives to retaliate against employees who report possible violations of federal law.
d. provides penalties for blowing the whistle illegitimately or maliciously.
23. Inside traders ordinarily defend their actions by claiming that they don’t injure:
a. their boss.
b. their family.
c. the government.
24. Shareholders have the right to know all except:
a. Information on the management of the corporation
b. Trade secrets
c. The companies financial position
d. The companies general plans for the future.
25. Which act provides sweeping new legal protection for employees who report possible securities fraud making it unlawful for companies to “discharge, demote, suspend, threaten, harass, or in any other manner discriminate against” them?
a. Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
b. Foreign Corruption Act
c. Economic Espionage Act
d. U.S. vs. O’Hagan
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Best Quality Essays has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Best Quality Essays, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.