Get Custom Essay on Case study: capital structure | Business & Finance homework help
Let Our Team of Pofessional Writers Take Care of Your Paper.
Part 1: Case Background
MarCher Industries is considering undertaking a new project with a one-year life with the following expected return scenarios.
|Scenario 1 HIGH-RISK PROJECT||Scenario 2 LOW-RISK PROJECT|
|Cash flow (boom)||$1,500,000||$1,000,000|
|Cash flow (bust)||$400,000||$500,000|
The company currently has no debt, but is considering borrowing $870,000 on a short-term basis to help finance its purchase of the project. The company will owe $900,000, including principal and interest, in one year. There is 60% chance a boom will occur, and only 40% chance a bust will occur.
Part 2: Case Analysis
1) Calculate the expected value of the high- and low-risk projects to MarCher Industry’s stockholders if the company remains unlevered. Which project would the stockholders prefer?
2) Calculate the expected value of the high- and low-risk projects to MarCher’s stockholders and bondholders, assuming the company does borrow money to partially finance the purchase of the project. Which project would the bondholders prefer? Which project would the stockholders prefer?
3) Explain why a conflict exists between the bondholders and the stockholders.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Best Quality Essays has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Best Quality Essays, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.