Get Custom Essay on Comparing standardized tests | Psychology homework help
Let Our Team of Pofessional Writers Take Care of Your Paper.
Review and Selection of a Standardized Test
In Unit 1, you read “The Concerns of the Profession” on pages 66–68 of your Psychological Testing and Assessment text as well as the Code. While the Code addresses the roles of test developers and test users separately, you will be following the standards for test users and, specifically, the section on selecting tests (refer page 5). There are nine elements to consider when selecting a test. You will focus on the following four of these elements for this assignment. (See below).
1. Define the purpose for testing, the content and skills to be tested, and the intended test takers. Select and use the most appropriate test based on a thorough review of available information.
2. Review and select tests based on the appropriateness of test content, skills tested, and content coverage for the intended purpose of testing.
3. Review materials provided by test developers and select tests for which clear, accurate, and complete information is provided.
4. Select tests through a process that includes persons with appropriate knowledge, skills, and training.
In your paper:
· Test category adaptive behavior relevant to your academic and professional career goals as a correctional/cognitive BEHAVIOR counselor., Use the following 3 tests for analysis for the assignment:
Adaptive Behavior Assessment System – 3 (ABAS-3) Yes, ABAS-2 WPS
Scales of Independent Behavior – Revised (SIB-R) NO Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Vineland Adaptive Behavior Scales – 3 (VABS-3)* Yes, VABS-II Pearson
· Compare and contrast these three tests according to the Code’s first four elements.
o Access the Capella library and conduct a search. Use the Mental Measurements Yearbook (MMY) database from Buros to locate and read a review for each test. Mental Measurements Yearbook is located on the Capella Library’s Database A–Z page.
o Visit the publishers’ Web site for each test to obtain additional information.
o Return to the Capella library to choose a database, for example, PsycINFO, PsycARTICLES, ERIC (education research). Search for journal articles that are relevant to the four elements and each test. (See the PSY7610 Library Search Guide, linked in the Resources, for search advice. An optional worksheet is also provided to you in the resources to facilitate your research and literature review.)
Organize your paper using the following headings (please use these headings):
1. Title page (required).
2. Abstract (optional).
o Identify your particular area of specialization and career goals, and the three tests you will research and review.
4. Element 1. “Define the purpose for testing, the content and skills to be tested, and the intended test takers” (Code, 2004, p. 5, See #1). Describe your findings for all three tests citing references. Use this section to introduce each test and report on each of the three elements: purpose, content and skills, and intended test takers.
5. Element 2. Describe “the appropriateness of test content, skills tested, and content coverage for the intended purpose of testing” (Code, 2004, p. 5, See #2). Describe your findings for each test citing references. Use this section to report on unique comments or research that evaluate any aspects of the appropriateness of each test. There may be a wide range of facets considering appropriateness that may be unique to each particular test under consideration.
6. Element 3. Describe “materials provided by test developers and select tests for which clear, accurate, and complete information is provided” (Code, 2004, p. 5. See #3). Describe your findings for each test, citing references. Use this section to describe either reviews or your evaluation of the materials described in the sources you locate for each test under consideration.
7. Element 4. “Select tests through a process that includes persons with appropriate knowledge, skills, and training” (Code, 2004, p. 5. See #4). Include specific publisher information about test-user qualification (for example, Level A, B, or C; or other classification). Describe your findings for each test, citing references.
8. Compare and contrast.
o Compare and contrast the three tests based on these four elements (that is, 1–4).
o Decide which test will be the focus of your course project, based on your evaluation of the three tests. Explain your choice. All future assignments will be focused only on this one test that you determine here.
9. References (required, use current APA format and style).
You may use the Optional Research Worksheet given in the resources to complete this assignment.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
· References: A minimum of nine references are required for this assignment. These resources may include all of the reference sources identified in your Psychological Testing and Assessment text (pages 29–35), but must include:
o Three Mental Measurements Yearbook test reviews from Buros (one for each test).
o Three test publisher Web sites (one for each test).
o Three journal articles (one for each test).
· Length of paper: A minimum of five pages of content, not including the title page or references (an abstract is not required).
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Best Quality Essays has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Best Quality Essays, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.