Get Custom Essay on Ece3600 hoemwork #1 | Applied Sciences homework help
Let Our Team of Pofessional Writers Take Care of Your Paper.
Name: ____________________________ ECE 3600 homework # 1 c
Base your answers on class lecture & discussion, books and/or internet research. Some possible sources:
1. What is the name of the organization which ensures the reliability of power in North America?
2. Electric Utilities have been forced to break up into two separate companies responsible for:
3. What does deregulation provide for independent power producers (IPPs)?
4. The current bottleneck to overall system capacity.
5. What are the advantages of a highly interconnected system? (List at least 2)
6. Rank the sources of electrical energy in the US (highest to lowest %) 1.
7. List 3 of the “Other” sources. 1.
8. Rank the sources of electrical energy in the US by environmental and social negatives (worst to best). Assume “Other” is all the 3 you listed above. Consider petroleum just a little worse than natural gas (due to the danger of spills). Also give (in your opinion) the worst environment or social negative of each. Your answers here may be subjective.
9. Rank the sources of electrical energy in the US cost per kWh.
List Nat gas twice, once for single cycle and once for combined-cycle. Choose one of the “Other” that you listed
above. Initial costs are amortized over the life of the generation facility. You will have to make some guesses and may qualify your answers.
6. (most expensive).
10. Give the approximate efficiencies of each type of power plant:
b. Rankin-cycle steam turbine plants, regardless of the source of heat.
(coal, oil, gas-steam, nuclear, solar-steam, geothermal)
c. Single-cycle gas turbine
d. Combined-cycle gas turbine
11. In nuclear fission reactions, what is particle is crucial to the chain reaction and is used to control the reaction rate?
12. a) Why can’t a wind turbine’s coefficient of performance (conversion of wind energy to rotational mechanical energy) be 100%?
b) What two things can be controlled to maximize the coefficient of performance?
c) What is the biggest single problem of wind power?
13. a) Do photovoltaic cells produce AC or DC power?
b) What is the biggest single problem of photovoltaic cells?
14. What is cogeneration?
15. Some power sources are used to supply base loads and some are used to supply peak loads. Give some reasons to differentiate the sources in this way.
Base loads Peak loads
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Best Quality Essays has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Best Quality Essays, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.