Get Custom Essay on Forensic science | Law homework help
Let Our Team of Pofessional Writers Take Care of Your Paper.
Must be in APA format: Times New Roman, 12-point font, double spaced.
Can not use Wikipedia for this assignment, must be a creditable source
Answer to Task # 1 needs to come from:
Peak, K. J. (2012). Policing America: Challenges and best practices (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall. Chapters 5 and 6.
PART I: SHORT RESPONSE
Task #1: Please answer each of the following questions. Ensure that your responses are at least 1-2 paragraphs in length for each question. You may include examples from the text; however, please include APA citations as necessary. Please visit the Academic Resource Center for a concise guide on APA format.
1. Describe the major research findings concerning the investigative function, especially as they relate to the role of detectives.
2. Explain the recent major developments in forensic science.
3. Briefly explain what steps must be taken by the initial responding officer at a crime scene.
4. Describe, in lay terms, how DNA analysis functions and its contribution to criminal investigation.
5. Explain the benefits of PCR-STR DNA and how CODIS operates to benefit the police.
6. Explain the functions, advantages, and disadvantages of undercover work.
7. Describe the problems that are now being taken very seriously with respect to forensic laboratories.
8. Describe how police investigators approach “cold” cases.
9. Explain how the Regional Computer Forensics Laboratory (RCFL) program assists with criminal investigations
10. Describe the potential contributions of the polygraph, psychics, and hypnosis to criminal investigations.
11. Explain the importance of forensic entomology and its benefits to death investigations.
12. Describe the steps that need to be taken for evidence collection in stalking crimes.
13. Explain how dogs are assisting police in the investigative function.
14. Name the ways in which social networking sites are becoming the most dangerous places on the Internet.
Task #2: Research the Internet to identify and define two additional modern technologies not presented in the lesson.
PART II: JOURNAL ACTIVITY
Find a new article using LIRN (please visit the Academic Resource Center for a guide on how to use LIRN effectively) or the Internet documenting a case where forensic science played a significant part in the case. Write a 200-400 word report (1-2 pages, 12-point font, double spaced) summarizing the case and the role forensic science played. Be sure to reference the article in your submission.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Best Quality Essays has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Best Quality Essays, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.