Get Custom Essay on Hrm 300 final exam | Business & Finance homework help
Let Our Team of Pofessional Writers Take Care of Your Paper.
1. Quality management is an organizational commitment to continuous process of improvement that expands the definition of customer to include everyone involved in the organization.
2. Health insurance and retirement plans are examples of voluntary benefits.
3. A SWOT analysis is a process for determining an organization’s core competency.
4. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 protects only employees over 55 years of age from discrimination.
5. Affirmative action is a practice in organizations that includes actively seeking, hiring and promoting women and minorities to correct past discriminatory injustices.
6. Career development has a shorter time focus than employee development.
7. The Privacy Act of 1974 requires federal government agencies to allow anyone to have access to individual personnel files and there is no individual consent needed.
8. Three basic methods of job evaluation are currently in use: ordering, classification, and point methods.
9. HRM activities are mildly affected by what occurs outside the organization.
10. The fact that organizations are no longer constrained by national borders illustrates that the world has become a global village.
11. The bulk of cross-cultural training is language training.
12. Continuous improvement programs aim at constantly improving the quality of products and services.
13. The Fair Compensation Wages Act passed in 1963 and mandates that organizations compensate men and women doing the same job in the organization with the same rate of pay.
14. Probably one of the most complex functions of international human resource management is the design and implementation of an equitable compensation program.
15. Most organizations take a ‘melting pot’ approach to diversity.
PART II: Complete the following multiple choice questions. Please highlight your answer selection.|
For example: An apple is a…..
16. Which of the following is not a key ingredient to design an effective team appraisal system?
a. Measure individual performance, not team performance.
b. Measure both team and individual performance.
c. Tie team results to organizational goals.
d. Begin with the team’s customers and its work process to satisfy customers’ needs.
17. Performance-based rewards are considered to be:
a. incentive systems
b. piecework pay plans
c. both a and b
d. only a
18. HRM typically provides which of these types of training to temporary employees?
b. Retirement planning.
c. Benefits options.
d. Career management.
19. Which of the following describes the “Strategy” phase of the strategic planning process?
a. Determining what business the organization will be in.
b. Setting goals and objectives.
c. Determining how goals and objectives will be attained.
d. Determining what jobs need to be done and by whom.
20. Studies on the benefits of job enrichment as a reward are inconclusive on which of these dimensions?
b. Turnover costs.
c. Employee commitment.
d. Employee satisfaction.
21. During a job analysis, which of these tasks are performed?
a. Promotion patterns and succession plans are identified.
b. An estimation of the labor supply is verified.
c. Duties and responsibilities of a job are matched with pay grades.
d. Skills, knowledge and abilities necessary to perform a job are determined.
22. Which of the following is the most widely used individual incentive plan?
a. Piecework plan
b. Scanlon plan
c. Merit pay
d. Competency-based plan
23. Jason, a satellite architect, accepted an overseas assignment for his company when the company agreed to provide a car and chauffeur, a beach villa, a sailboat, and a lump sum payment of $600,000. What kind of pay factor was used?
a. base pay.
24. Lee, an account manager for a large IT provider, has set his quota for next year 20% higher and decided to improve customer satisfaction quality by 10%. What MBO step was Lee performing?
a. Goal setting.
c. Performance evaluation.
d. Formal review.
25. How has technology changed HRM practices?
a. Recruiting using the web generates smaller, more focused applicant pools.
b. Employee training is often delivered on demand rather than through scheduled courses.
c. Electronic resumes take more time to evaluate than paper resumes.
d. Nearly 20% of HR managers are involved in surveillance o
1. Cultural sensitivity is most often taught to employees before overseas assignments through which of these techniques?
a. Lectures, movies.
b. Video recordings and embassy tours.
c. Interactive simulations and lectures.
d. Role playing, simulations, and meeting former international assignees.
2. External HRM influences are categorized into the general areas of……
a. dynamic environment
b. labor unions
c. governmental legislation
d. all of the above
3. Which of the following is not true regarding employee training?
a. It focuses on future jobs in the organization.
b. It is present-day oriented.
c. It focuses on individuals’ current jobs.
d. It is a learning experience.
4. Charles, director of training for a large organization, is looking at the completion rates for the annual clerical training program that is required for promotion to advanced clerical worker. The information presented shows figures for these groups of employees: Caucasian; Hispanic; African American; Asian; Other. What kind of HR report is Charles studying?
a. ADA audit.
b. EEO audit.
c. Indoctrination analysis.
d. Culture/language readiness.
5. The selection process may include all of the following steps, except:
a. background investigation.
b. screening interview.
c. application form.
d. medical history evaluation.
6. The invisible barrier that blocks females and minorities from ascending into the upper levels of an organization.
a. glass shielding
b. glass ceiling
c. minority overhead
d. glass discrimination
7. Successful recruiting efforts are indicated by all of these outcomes, except:
a. turnover increases.
b. training costs go down.
c. more job seekers know about available jobs.
d. the applicant pool is increasingly diverse.
8. Who should make the actual hiring decision?
a. The HR manager
b. The general manager
c. The manager in the department where the vacancy exists.
d. The recruiter
9. Meeting with a group of employees to collectively determine what their job entails.
a. job evaluation method
b. group interview method
c. analysis evaluation
d. group evaluation
10. The varied personal characteristics that make the workforce heterogeneous.
a. workforce diversity
d. contingent workforce
11. As the assistant of the HR manager, you are updating and rewriting the employee handbook. Which of the following is not a key ingredient of an effective employee handbook?
a. The employee handbook should be pertinent to employees’ needs.
b. The employee handbook should provide quick and easy answers to questions about benefits and employment policies.
c. The employee handbook should set the parameters within which employees are expected to perform.
d. The employee handbook should make clear to employees that their job is secure as long as they meet performance standards.
12. Maizie, a charge nurse in a large hospital, is frustrated with a phone call. She is thumbing through Joe’s file, looking for a patient consent signature before she can answer questions from Joe’s secretary, “How is Joe?” What health issue is relevant to Maizie’s predicament?
13. Process of discovering potential candidates for actual or anticipated organizational vacancies.
c. internal search
d. employee referral
14. Which of the following is not a step in a job analysis process?
15. Which of the following is the arm of the federal government empowered to handle discrimination in employment cases?
a. Fair Employment Commission
b. Fair Labor Standards Commission
c. Equal Employment Opportunity Act
d. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Best Quality Essays has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Best Quality Essays, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.