Get Custom Essay on I need a 4-5 page report done in six hours. details are provided in
Let Our Team of Pofessional Writers Take Care of Your Paper.
This assignment covers the topic of sustainability, preferably within the context of technology and/or international development if possible. This assignment will comprise two components:
* Service Learning Project
* Paper (Critical Reflection)
OVERVIEW OF ASSIGNMENT
The purpose of this assignment is to (a) bring theories and course related content learned inside the classroom to a worksite, (b) actively engage with information and ideas, and apply this new knowledge to a real life situation, and (c) critically reflect on your experiences. An individual service learning project will allow you to connect the course content in meaningful ways to an unmet need in your local community.
This assignment will address the Foundational Studies learning objectives 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, and 10 in part, as well as the global/cultural learning objectives 1, 2, 3, and 4. This assignment will demonstrate experiential learning, developmental writing skills, critical thinking skills, and community engagement.
1. Identify Worksite: You are asked to identify a worksite (e.g., charity, or not-for-profit organization, for-profit organization) where your assistance (e.g., feedback, coaching) would help address any of the issues represented in this course. In particular, focus on sustainability preferably as it relates to aspects of technology and/or international development. The worksite where you choose to volunteer your time may be any organization that will grant access other than where you currently work, volunteer, or practice religious beliefs.
2. Submit Worksite Contract: Before beginning your twelve (12) hours of service, but no later than February 16, 2016, you are asked to submit a completed, signed worksite contract along with scanned copy of a business card from the site supervisor through Bb via Assignments link.
3. Service Learning Project (SLP): You will schedule and complete a volunteer field-based experience for a minimum of twelve (12) hours at a worksite of your choice.
4. Paper: You will write a paper after you have completed your SLP that responds to various questions and reflects on your experiences.
EVALUATION OF ASSIGNMENT
Following your 12 hours of service learning, you will be asked to share your experience about the project by writing a paper that addresses the evaluation criteria:
Format (10 Points)
* APA (American Psychological Association) style formatting, according to the 6th edition.
* double-spaced on standard-sized paper (8.5″ x 11″) with 1″ margins on all sides.
* 12-point type, Times New Roman font, page header (running head). * https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/section/2/10/
Organization (15 Points)
* Paper is professional in appearance.
* Paper includes four major sections: the Title Page [including course number and name, title of paper, your name], Abstract, Main Body (length of main body to be five (5) – six (6) full pages, which excludes the other three sections), and References. * https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
* Paper presents service learning project (thesis) coherently.
* Paper addresses all questions put forth in assignment and includes clear transitions from one response to the next by use of appropriate headings and possibly subheadings.
Support (Sources of Information – 10 Points)
* Draw on course content (readings from textbook, presentation materials, class discussions).
* Draw on your own experiences as well as shared experiences during the project. * Use the Indiana State Cunningham Memorial Library Databases and other means to identify potentially meaningful, relevant, scholarly sources that support your work. Includes five (5) or more outside scholarly sources of information; one being your textbook, and two (2) or more being peer-reviewed journals. * Evaluate cited sources (https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/553/03/ ). Evaluating sources of information is considered good practice. You are not being asked to submit proof that you have evaluated your sources; as such, do not make mention of this in you paper.
Mechanics (5 Points)
Paper is error-free. Punctuation, spelling, and grammar have been checked and all mistakes have been corrected.
Originality / Creativity (20 Points)
* Service Learning Project worksite appears to be appropriate.
* Overall scope of Service Learning Project is related to sustainability in some way, possibly within the larger context of technology and/or international development.
* Service Learning Project makes use of one’s intellect.
Respond to all of the following questions in chronological order, and make use of headings:
Questions (40 Points)
1. In your own words, provide background information about your worksite and its mission.
2. Describe what you did during your twelve hours of service and the setting. Did you meet the objectives you initially intended to accomplish as set forth in the worksite contract? Did involved stakeholders share the same understanding as you about your objectives?
3. Describe any aspect of your learning experience that was especially puzzling, challenging, engaging, interesting, exciting, or otherwise. What has been the most valuable or important thing you have learned? How did you contribute to that learning experience? Did you help set a work group’s direction, gain others’ commitment towards a change goal, or exert any other leadership behavior? Explain your responses. (micro-perspective of service)
4. How well did you listen to others and share your own thoughts and ideas during the service learning project? What steps may you take to help improve your communication skills?
5. Discuss how your service either contributed or could potentially contribute to the worksite’s success in fulfilling its overall mission. That is, consider your individual contribution in the broader context by reflecting on how you invested twelve hours of your time and its more immediate impact on the organization. Do not repeat your responses from questions 2 and/or 3. (macro-perspective of service)
6. Consider sustainability as it relates to your worksite and its stakeholders from a longer-term perspective. What durable solution(s) will or could be fostered for everyone affected, addressing differences and areas of shared interest? Make reference to course content.
7. With respect to sustainability, what have you done in the past and what, if anything, might you do differently in the future knowing what you know now after taking this course?
8. Time permitting, would you volunteer to serve again at any organization? Why, or why not? If yes, would you choose to revisit this same organization as a volunteer? Why, or why not?
* On a scale of 0 to 10, where 0 is not at all and 10 is closely connected, how connected were your co-curricular activity (SLP) and curricular experience (course content)?
Assessment & Rubric
Your paper will be evaluated based on effectiveness using the following rubric:
* Exemplary (10.0 points): Clearly engaged in critical thinking regarding choice SLP. Used creative strategies to connect project scope to course content and demonstrated initiative, effort, and consideration. Had a strong plan for how to approach the details of this paper. Critically reflected on experience to gain deeper understanding of topic.
* Substantial (8.5 points): Engaged in ample critical thinking regarding choice SLP. Was creative in connecting project scope to course content and demonstrated a fair amount of effort and consideration. Had a reasonable plan for how to approach the details of this paper. Critically reflected on aspects of the SLP and gained some new insights.
* Proficient (7.5 points): Engaged in some critical thinking regarding choice SLP. Some effort and consideration was put forth but greater creativity and initiative could have enhanced the project and made it more meaningful. Described experience but fell short of critically reflecting on it. Paper was acceptable but covered mostly basic concepts.
* Needs Work (6.0 points): Engaged in little critical thinking regarding choice SLP. Writer failed to effectively articulate effort and consideration of experience. Additional time was needed to consider the details of the paper’s content and/or organization.
* Unacceptable and/or Incomplete (0 points): Little or no evidence showing active engagement took place. An exceptionally short or underdeveloped paper could result in a score of 0 if lack of planning its content and/or organization is observed.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Best Quality Essays has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Best Quality Essays, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.