Get Custom Essay on Journal 15 and discussion 9
Let Our Team of Pofessional Writers Take Care of Your Paper.
Respond, with 200-600 words, to the following prompt: Reflect on the term “activity system.” Questions to answer may include the following or more:
Include the total word count of your response with your entry. Include only your response, and not the prompt itself, in your word count.
Journal entries can receive up to 10 points:
Word Count (8 points possible) – Entries that meet the expected word count will receive the full 8 points. Entries shorter than that will receive partial credit according to the proportion of the word count met.
Content (2 points possible) – Entries that are on-topic and demonstrate a thoughtful and complete response will receive 2 points. Entries that are on-topic but demonstrate a vague or incomplete response will receive 1 point. Off-topic responses will receive 0 points.
1. What do you think, currently, about the primary threshold concept for this project unit? (“Writing helps people make meaning and get things done, but there are always constraints.”) What do you think it means? Have you thought about this concept before reading about it in our textbook? If so, in what terms, or in what way, have you thought about this idea?
2. Answer question 1 from page 406 of Writing About Writing (at the end of Kain and Wardle’s introduction to activity theory): “Explain in your own words what an activity system is, and give three examples of activity systems with which you are familiar. For each of these systems, explain what its common motives and goals are.” You may provide brief, simplified explanations of the systems’ goals, if you wish.
3. Define “genre” in your own words, then answer question 2 on page 438 of Writing About Writing (at the end of Marro’s activity analysis): “In Marro’s exploration of how her sorority and another fraternity used the GIN system, how does she help you understand how genres are created by those who use them; reflect their users’ values, goals, and needs; and impact the work of those who use them?”
4. How many activity systems can you think of that use the Bible as a tool? How are the motives of these systems similar or different? Do you belong to any of these systems? Do the uses of the Bible in these systems differ, and, if so, how do these varying uses of the Bible affect the system’s goals?
5. Name one concept from this lesson that you most struggle(d) to understand. What about this concept, term, or idea is troublesome? What do you currently think it means, whether you feel certain or not?
Answer at least 3 questions with, at minimum, a 3-5 sentence paragraph. In-depth, thoughtful, and careful responses are encouraged. Be specific where possible. Label your answers so readers know which questions you are responding to.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Best Quality Essays has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Best Quality Essays, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.