Get Custom Essay on Neurocognitive disorders | Psychology homework help
Let Our Team of Pofessional Writers Take Care of Your Paper.
Diagnosis of elderly clients may pose multiple challenges. Coupled with other symptoms from age and/or medical conditions, psychologists may encounter complications in making an accurate, differential diagnosis between neurocognitive disorders and psychological disorders. For example, as neurocognitive disorders involve a deficit or dysfunction in cognition, psychologists need eliminate alternate possibilities for the neurocognitive impairment to make an accurate diagnosis.
For this Discussion, consider various complications that may arise with diagnoses of elderly clients. Select one neurocognitive impairment (delirium, Alzheimer’s disease, or a vascular based neurocognitive disorder) and one psychological disorder and consider the factors that may influence an accurate differential diagnosis in elderly clients. Then, consider how medications for elderly clients may complicate an accurate diagnosis.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 4 a description of the neurocognitive impairment and the psychological disorder you selected. Then describe three factors you must consider in making a differential diagnosis and explain why. Finally, explain how medications for elderly clients may complicate an accurate diagnosis.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources and current literature.
· American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders(5th ed.). Arlington, VA: American Psychiatric Publishing.
o Neurodevelopmental and Neurocognitive Disorders
o Disruptive, Impulse-Control
o Conduct Disorders
o Elimination Disorders
· Paris, J. (2015). The intelligent clinician’s guide to the DSM-5 (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Oxford University Press..
· Chapter 12, Neurodevelopmental and Disruptive Behavioral Disorders
· Gresham, F. M., Watson, T. S., & Skinner, C. H. (2001). Functional behavioral assessment: Principles, procedures, and future directions. School Psychology Review, 30(2), 156–172. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Grzadzinski, R., Huerta, M., & Lord, C. (2013). DSM-5 and Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASDs): An opportunity for identifying ASD subtypes. Molecular Autism, 4(1), 1–6. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Lord, C., & Jones, R. M. (2012). Annual Research Review: Re-thinking the classification of autism spectrum disorders. Journal Of Child Psychology & Psychiatry, 53(5), 490–509. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Ozonoff, S. (2012). Editorial perspective: Autism spectrum disorders in DSM-5—An historical perspective and the need for change. Journal Of Child Psychology & Psychiatry, 53(10), 1092–1094. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Volkmar, F. R., & Reichow, B. (2013). Autism in DSM-5: Progress and challenges. Molecular Autism, 4(1), 1–6. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Best Quality Essays has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Best Quality Essays, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.