Get Custom Essay on Pad505 public budgeting and finance
Let Our Team of Pofessional Writers Take Care of Your Paper.
Click the link above to submit your assignment.
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Scenario for Assignments 1-5
For Assignments 1-5, you will take on the role of a budget analyst for a local government agency. The first role of the budget analyst is to become familiarwith the agency, the budget, programs, and capital projects. Select anylocal (city) government (e.g., Oklahoma City). To locate your agency’s budget, you can either conduct a Google search on the word “Oklahoma City Financial Plan” or you can locate the information on the local government’s Website.As a budget analyst, you will be responsible for analyzing, examining, proposing, and preparing the agency’s budget for the next five (5) years.
Note: Students cannot use New York City as a selected local government
Assignment 3: Presenting the Budget
Due Week 8 and worth 300 points
Refer the Scenario for Assignments 1–e e 5. Prepare the financial plan and budget justification proposal.
The agency is contracted to work with New York City on several capital projects. To proceed with negotiations, an analysis of the city’s financial documents must be considered. Review the New York City Financial Plan, located at http://www.nyc.gov/html/omb/downloads/pdf/fp6_12.pdf, to answer questions listed. (Title this section “New York City Financial Plan”)
1. Answer Question 1 based on the review of the New York City Financial Plan: Are total revenues growing faster or more slowly than expenditures? Show the annual growth rates for revenues and expenditures in a table.
2. Answer Question 2 based on the review of the New York City Financial Plan: What is New York City’s fastest-growing category of expenditures during the planning period? Justify the answer with examples.
3. Answer Question 3 based on the review of the New York City Financial Plan: What percentage of New York City revenue comes from the general property tax? How much is this tax growing in each year of the financial plan? Justify the answer with examples.
4. Prepare a budget to support the proposal to partner with New York City to offer a job training program housed within the NYC Department of Social Services. (Title this section “Budget Justification Proposal.”) (Note: The agency has decided to partner with New York City.)
· The agency proposes $500,000over a three (3) year period beginning FY2013 to be included in the State Categorical Grants for the Department of Social Services to provide hands-on job training workshops in office administration, security, construction, and apartment maintenance.
· Use Figure 7.2, Budget Justification,in Chapter 7 (pages 114-115) as an example.
5. Provide names and URLs of the Websites for the state’s budget(s) analyzed and any other government Websites used to support the assignment’s criteria.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Analyze the basic skills and tools needed for budgeting for public sector agencies and / or departments.
· Recommend appropriate policy actions based on the evaluation.
· Evaluate a budgeting system at any governmental level.
· Analyze the scope and sequence of budgeting in terms of sources of revenues, purpose of government expenditures, budget cycles, budget preparation, and debt administration.
· Analyze the steps required for budgeting, such as preparing a budget, making a financial plan, conducting a cost-benefit analysis, and making budget decisions.
· Examine the key components for presenting and justifying the budget to decision makers.
· Prepare a preliminary budgeting system for presentation before Congress, state / local government, or other organization.
· Develop various budget charts that represent segments of the budgeting process.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in public budgeting and finance.
· Write clearly and concisely about public budgeting and finance using proper writing mechanics.
“Allocation and Allotments” Please respond to the following:
· Examine and evaluate the disparity of your state’s budget allocation for education and property tax to the various localities.
· Based on your assessment, challenge or defend the equity of the system across the various localities.
Variance Analysis” Please respond to the following:
· Recommend at least two strategies a budget analyst can apply to ensure that the budget is performing according to the established performance indicators. Justify your response.
· From the e-Activity on “Variance Analysis” propose at least two actions a budget analyst can take to avoid assumptions in budget items to avoid overlooking favorable or adverse line items in the budget. Provide examples to justify your response.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Best Quality Essays has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Best Quality Essays, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.