Get Custom Essay on Social work presentation – ag
Let Our Team of Pofessional Writers Take Care of Your Paper.
Assignment 3: Understanding Human Diversity, Cultural Diversity & Special Populations Individual PowerPoint Presentations (Total: 100 Points) – Competency 1 (P.B. 1.2); Competency 2 (P.B. 2.1, 2.3); Competency 3 (P.B. 3.1) Competency 4 (P.B. 4.1, 4.2, 4.3); Competency 5 (P.B. 5.1, 5.2, 5.3) – Due Date: September 28, 2020
There are special populations such as children and youth, the elderly, the homeless, individuals with physical and mental disabilities, police brutality victims, AIDS patients, gays, lesbians, bisexuals, women and minorities, environmental issues, including ethnic minorities bring unique needs and circumstances that must be recognized when the social worker serves these persons. There are also societal induced stressors and factors identified by many in society that subordinate, discriminate, oppress and affect special populations that must be addressed, understood and alleviated. These stressors and factors are identified in rural, urban and suburban sites of practice. Therefore, social work students need to be sensitive to these stressors and factors along with racial, ethnic, and cultural factors when working with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities, and colleagues.
Students are assigned to work individually to complete the following assignment in understanding human diversity, cultural diversity, and special populations:
1) Use the selected group below to research and locate information from books, refereed peer-reviewed journals, or other evidence-based research articles.
2) Using your critical thinking skills, provide your overall reaction to the authors’ presentation of the special population that you are researching. For example, do the authors’ research present stereotypes, value judgments or judgment conflicts?
3) Practice personal reflection and self-correction to assure continual professional development by answering the following questions: Do you have biases toward the diverse group? Explain. As a worker, identify how you eliminate biases and how professional values guide social work practice?
4) Discuss whether your understanding of the special population changed or remained the same after researching the population; and
5) Present your findings in a PowerPoint presentation identifying your reactions to the questions and statements listed in 1-4.
*Group 3 – Social Work Practice with Children & Youth
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Best Quality Essays has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Best Quality Essays, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.